Skip to main content

Structural pest control licensing and registration

Get authorized to apply pesticides within and around structures

Types of licenses

An individual must be licensed to control pests and fumigate structures. This at-a-glance comparison tells you what pest control licenses you might need to perform structural pest control work. More details are below. If you're running a pest control company, you also need a place of business permit.

What you want to do

Type of license needed

Treat for household pests

General Pest Control

Treat for rodents and other vertebrate animals

General Pest Control (households) or Commercial Vertebrate Control (businesses)

Treat for termites and other wood-destroying organisms

Termite Control

Fumigating structures to kill pests

Structural Fumigation

Keep food-based products and other commodities safe from pests

Commodity Fumigation

Fumigating on ships

Ship Fumigation

Find a licensed pest control company

See a list of structural pest control companies .

Permits, licenses, and registration

Contact info

Structural Pest Control Commission

Related links